Market Statistics and Summary for the Oklahoma City Metropolitan Area: Dec. 2016 results
* December Active listing inventory (supply) decreased 10.16% when compared to December 2015.
* New Listings dipped by more than 5% when compared to December 2015, however, year-to-date listings increased 3.32%.
* The average sales price increased to $192,997 versus 2015 at $183,669
* Average days on the market increased from 61.47 last year to 72.32 this December.
* Pending sales were up 12.02% in December versus the same time last year.
The market in the metro appears to be mixed, which is expected for this time of year heading out of the holiday season. But the fact that listing inventory is down while pending sales are up, combined with the fact that interest rates are still relatively low, means there is still opportunities for both buyers and sellers in our current market.